Friday, November 9, 2012

With a Grain of Salt


This week I bring you a menu of delicious faces – yes, most of them can actually act, as well, but being a connoisseur of food and movies, I thought I would make a few pairings here myself.  I enjoy a handsome face as much as the next gal, but you won’t find the likes of Ryan Gosling, Josh Lucas, or Bradley Cooper here.  No, thank you! That current generation ‘all looks alike’! I’m talking guys that are just plain “yummy”! Some of these guys can look amazing with long or short hair, some with both facial hair or clean-shaven, others are just classy and perfect in the way we always saw them. And yes, this blog exposes a part of myself I usually keep quiet. (Except at home, when I melt like butter, and my husband lovingly says, “I’m in the room!” Honey, I know! But you also know you are the best of them all; it’s a good thing I “let you” have your list, too!)

Appetizers – 
Clive Owen - Inside Man
So appealing to the ‘dark side,’ but I’d never think to ‘bring him home to Mom.’

Richard Gere – could very well be placed on the wine list.
Clive Owen
Robert Downey, Jr. - Stark Enterprises
Robert Downey, Jr. – Tony Stark, yes, please!

Kurt Russell - loved him when he was a Disney kid and love him still!








The mini-series king
A Side of Fruit –
Self-explanitory, but who cares!
Richard Chamberlin – Father Ralph…
Rock Hudson








Soup & Salad – 
Guys from the past that could make a meal on their own, or pair with a main course.
Sir Roger Moore
Roger Moore - my Bond. James Bond.
Gregory Peck
Charlton Heston
Cary Grant
William Holden
Richard Burton
Gene Kelly - my dance hero
John Wayne at 23
John Wayne - my hero
Dennis Cole
Robert Conrad*
*only living actor in this list








Wine – 
These men get better with age
Tom Selleck – Mom used to keep his picture hidden in her office drawer!
The "CoolEST King"
Steve McQueen -  It took me to be 40 years old to figure this one out, but once I did…
Matthew LeBlanc – with grey hair
Bruce Campbell
Adam Arkin – with grey hair
Sam Elliot
Liam Neeson
Peter Breck
Joe Lando – when “Dr. Quinn” aired on t.v., my youngest son, then around 3 years old, would ask, “Mommy, is that your boyfriend?” I wonder what every gave him that impression. (...and he could be the brown-eyed brother to Daniel Craig (see below))
Mr. Redford
Robert Redford – DUH!











Main Course -
beef AND brains
Elliot Garfield garnered an Oscar
Richard Dreyfuss – this guy is liberal down to his skivvies, but never having liked him in my teens, something clicked in the ‘80’s and I would love to sit down to dinner and listen to his mind.

Jared Harris – talk to me, Jared, you fine Brit, you.


William Petersen – Gil Grissom, please.


David Mamet's everyday "Joe"
    Campbell Scott - wired-framed eyeglasses, a must!









Dessert – 
eye candy
George Clooney – Don’t open your mouth, George! Just sit there.
John Slattery – John might easily get a main course listing, too.
A new Bond makes the list
Tim Hutton - reminiscent of his handsome father.
Blair Underwood
Antonio Banderas
Benjamin Bratt
Daniel Craig – oh those, baby blues!
Dylan McDermott - another pair of gorgeous blues!
Luke Perry
Ioan is Lancelot to Clive Owen's Arthur
Ioan Gruffud - for those of you unfamiliar with this young man, his name is pronounce ‘Yowan Griffith’ – ah, to be Welsh! Oh, wait! I am!
Edward Norton






Until next week…

And from last week's blog - Hachi: A Dog’s Tale was on television last night, I sobbed uncontrollably as soon as the music started…

No comments:

Post a Comment