Friday, June 15, 2012

Who's Your Doppleganger...I mean, Daddy?

First of all, BlogSpot has changed my title fonts without notice & of course, those fonts which personalize our blogging in the 'special way' are no longer available - my apologies.  I would never pick this for my casual writing, and their reformatting has taken a turn for the worse.  Okay. Tiny soapbox time over.


On to topic -


Have you ever wanted to look like a celebrity?  If you’re reading my blog, you probably have some interest in the entertainment industry, and so I would wager that you, like me, would find it amusing to be asked if you were someone famous.

Since last week I wrote on “six degrees” and decided this week to write on the related subject – people you know who look like celebrities.  I love acting, and I always thought it would be fun to look like someone and either work independently or with a group, who sends out celebrity look-a-likes; but alas, the cards were not in my favor for this, and I just look like me.  I was told once I looked like Rosie O’Donnell, but I took it as an insult and quickly dismissed that thought entirely.  I also had a teacher in high school tell me that I “reminded her of Nancy Walker.”  You know, the housekeeper for McMillan and Wife and the Bounty™ paper towels waitress?  Say, huh?  Well, it was the ‘70’s – perhaps she had ‘something in her lunch’ that made her see me like that.  Again, another suggestive insult, and I haven’t had another since – good or bad.

But, here are a few friends I have that not only I think they look like their celebrity, but they have been told the same over the years by many others, as well.  I have not asked these folks for permission to post their photos, so please, just take my word for it!

In the ‘used to’ category:
A church friend (prior to weight loss) – Drew Carey (prior to weight loss, too!)
My nephew – Daniel Radcliff as ‘Harry Potter’ (made for some fun Halloweens)

Restaurant Servers:
Applebee’s in Auburn - Kirstin Dunst
Sierra Smokehouse in Auburn  - Paul Sorvino (I DID sneak this man’s photo)
Chili’s Roseville – Emma Stone
  and consequently, a friend’s daughter looks like these, two also.

Associates:
Camp instructor for my students & now FB friend– Ioan Gruffud (I think this poor "20 something" thought I was a ‘cougar’ for staring, until I told him why I was staring!)
My manicurist -Kourtney Kardashian

Friends:
Ed Harris
Shelley Duvall
and our 'chameleon' who can take on Bill Murray / Michael Gross / Ryan Stiles / Liam Neeson – depending on how you look at him!

But the winner is – my dad!  
Often while growing up, we would hear Dad be asked, “Are you someone famous?” or more directly, “Are you Cliff Robertson?” I think he had fun with that, and he still looks like a movie star!

Okay, now it’s your turn. Do you look like someone in the movies, or do you know someone who looks like a celebrity?  Don’t forget to write and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment