Friday, June 29, 2012

"On this Day of Independence, on this Independence Day..."

I'm in production of directing two acting teams at the moment, (I'm prepping two casts for their presentations at Summer Sensation (what most folks refer to Vacation Bible School)), so I will make this short and sweet! Since next Wednesday is Independence Day, I will share with you a "favorite pick" on many levels. This film is not only one of my top favorite films, but features one of my favorite film dancers, as well as one of my top favorite dance sequences.  The film is Holiday Inn, and features the genius talent of Fred Astaire in a sequence called, "The Firecracker Number."  Happy Fourth, Everyone! And God bless America!  Say It with Firecrackers (from Holiday Inn, 1942)

Fred Astaire - "Say It with Firecrackers!"
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment