Friday, January 5, 2024

A Genius Legacy



It’s been 12 years since I last authored my Dusty Corner blog, using 2012 as a year to write about my relationship with the movies. Last year, I posted “Friday’s Famous Faces” (to which many of you responded) strictly to Facebook. This year, I decided to revisit my blog page and put my ‘disciplinary skills’ to work and write lists. These lists will be based again on entertainment; some will be factual, but most will be subjective and based solely on my opinions and perceptions. I’ll aim for just two a month. This year I had two cable channels (H&I and Syfy) present New Year’s Day Twilight Zone marathons. Even though I was given the gift of a complete Blu-ray set years ago, I still get hooked watching on television! So, with that being said, this first list was completed quite some time ago and made an easy first post. I won’t pontificate on why I like each of these, but I will recommend you checking them out. Of course, my favorites are not always the ‘popular’ episodes, but who am I to like what everyone else does? ;-) 

My Twilight Zone (original series) Top 20 
Honorable Mentions (in no particular order) 
Sixteen Millimeter Shrine (s1) 
The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street (s1) 
The Prime Mover (s2) 
Dead Man’s Shoes (s3) 
An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge (s5) 

11 - 20 
20. Living Doll (s5) 
19. Miniature (s4) 
18. The Trade-Ins (s3) 
17. A Stop at Willoughby (s1) 
16. A Kind of Stopwatch (s5) 
15. The Hunt (s3) 
14. The Parallel (s4) 
13. A Most Unusual Camera (s2) 
12. A Penny for Your Thoughts (s2) 
11. Elegy (s1) 

1 – 10 
10. Nick of Time (s2) 
 9. The New Exhibit (s4) 
 8. The Little People (s3) 
 7. The Masks (s5) 
 6. The Silence (s2) 
 5. The Obsolete Man (s2) 
 4. Deaths-head Revisited (s3) 
 3. After Hours (s3) 
 2. Five Characters in Search of an Exit (s3) 
 1. The Howling Man (s2)

No comments: